CakePHP 1.3 : Bake in Ubuntu

Before we bake, you should finished installing CakePHP and created your database.
1. Open your terminal. You must change your directory to your cake.

2. To open cake type:
3. Supply your password.
4. Whoola! This is your CakePHP Console.
 
5. The first thing we should bake is the Model. Type m then hit enter. We will use default database config so hit enter again.
6. The tables name of your database will be displayed. In CakePHP table name must end with ” s “. We will choose users.
7. I will pass displayfield and validation here, but you may explore it. Since my users table is associated with other table I type ” y “. My model users already exist and was detected by the CakePHP and so I just overwrite it.
8.  Next, lets bake Controller.  Type in ” c ” then hit enter. We will use default database config.
9. We will use users table again. If you like to build your user controller at one time (index(), add(), edit(), delete()), don’t build it interactively.
10. Last, let’s bake the view. This time type in ” v “. Use default database config, so just hit enter. It is almost same steps baking controller..
You may now view your users page in localhost/cakefolder/users.

Comments

  1. Hello, i followed your step of installation but I am facing problem with the data configuration can you guide me through this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On what part? please be more specific. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Hy, i followed these steps in my UBUNTU Linux version and i'm so glad cause i was looking for somethings like this for too much days ago.... Thanks U so much homies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, thank you for your post
    i am using cakephp 3 version on linux in lampp server how to write command on terminal ,
    and above root directory is not available in my folder structure

    plz help me on that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment